A popular summer activity in London is to have a shared picnic with friends. Everyone takes a bottle and everyone makes something to eat, and in this country, everyone prays to the weather gods for some sunshine!
Frittata is a great option for these occasions because it is healthy, high in protein, low carb, full of good clean fats and great hot or cold, in slices or in squares, on its own or with other food! I often make a vegetarian option for these as they are so delicious and that way anyone and everyone can pile in!
If you don’t want any dairy, simply omit the cheese listed in this recipe and it will work perfectly without it too. You can substitute the asparagus for any other vegetables you desire.
- 10 free range organic eggs, lightly whisked together
- 1 large bunch of asparagus, trimmed and sliced in thirds.
- handful of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 100gm feta cubed
- 100gm sharp cheddar grated
- 1 red onion sliced finely
- salt and pepper